Thursday, May 19, 2011

Uno

I'm basking in the glow that is my first blog post. I've wanted a place to collect my thoughts, and I am very happy to have fulfilled a small personal goal in this creation of my own cerebral whirlpool. A Facebook status or a Tweet might have seemed a more logical place for me to outlet thoughts, but I have a different idea in mind with this space.

Too often do I think up provocative and interesting (at least to me) thoughts, but in the overly saturated digital world I find myself overwhelmed. My thoughts are, at times, fleeting. I see an interesting topic on a forum, only to pass up the opportunity for a more visceral subject. As a society, I wonder if we are at a disadvantage in this regard. Would Thomas Edison or daVinci have pushed themselves as far if they had access to lolcats or Youtube? Probably, but my point is this: it is easy to get overwhelmed and fail to think critically on a regular basis.

I'm off-topic a bit more than I had expected (hooray, my first deviation from a topic!). My goals for this space aren't very concrete, but one that I will iron out is this: I want to dwell on ideas long enough to feel confident in my findings or explanations. By pushing myself to fully explore ideas I hope to learn quite a bit, as well as brush up on my writing skills.

Here's to a new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment