Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Brief Issue with Visual Studio 2012

Hopefully this brief post can be helpful to someone. When I installed Visual Studio 2012 the first time, I wasn't sure which profile to select as the default type. What I saw was something similar this:

I selected something (I can't actually remember, now - probably General Development), but after using Visual Studio for a while I realized I didn't have many of the menu settings that my colleagues did. Important menu options were missing, such as Analyze, SQL, and Test. Looking online wasn't terribly helpful; I wasn't able to come up with a clear term to describe my issue. There wasn't any obvious way to access these "missing" features.

Short of reinstalling Visual Studio, I decided to wipe my profile & settings and see if that may help. Luckily, this solved my issue and I could see all of the menu items that I should have seen all along. Talk about frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment