Friday, September 16, 2011

CCSC Midwest Conference

The Consortium for Computing Science in Colleges is having their Midwest conference at Huntington University next weekend, up near Ft Wayne. During the conference there will be a few presentation sessions, several talks on various topics, and a programming competition. I've never attended, so I'm paraphrasing their website. Somewhere along the way I made it a goal of mine to participate in the programming competition. I've had a few friends who did it and it sounded like a blast.

I'm happy that the four of us leftover from the Morgan's Raid spring team were able to come together and get the paperwork in on-time to present on not one but two topics. We'll be presenting/demoing Morgan's Raid. We also will be submitting a competition poster about our experience with Scrum as undergrads. After writing the abstract, I'm not looking forward to making a scholarly poster. Another reason why I wouldn't want to be an educator: scholarly writing.

We'll see how the programming competition, the presentations, and the demo shake out, but it should be a great time. I haven't worked with two of the guys going with us, but the other five of us have a great working relationship, and it's always fun to get to meet other people from your field.

1 comment:

  1. There's a particular site that I like for its advice on designing research posters, and now I cannot find it. The good news is that you can find a lot of good advice online: search for "research poster tips" or "scientific poster tips" for instance. As with all design, best to sketch the main concepts on paper first, perhaps sticky-notes. Feel free to send me an overview and sketches as they get created or send any questions.

    ReplyDelete